Recently, we moved our school room down to the large family room we have in the back of the house. We had had the school room upstairs, but have decided to let our oldest have her own room for awhile.... she is VERY ok with this!! lol Anywho, SO now I don't have a closet for all my curriculum stuff. From the new lack of shelving, the idea of these cubes was born. I asked on Freecycle if anyone in town had any 1x12's that they didn't need anymore. One family had some that were painted white and notched out for shelves. They had been stacked and laid out against her house for some time. SO, they were pretty dirty and slightly warped, but still very usable. So Jason and I gathered them up and brought them into the shop.
Here is one of the pieces we got. Out of all the wood we got we were able to make 7 boxes.
We cut 28 12x12 pieces and put them together with glue, nails and screws:)
Here are two finished products..... can you see my vision coming to life!!!
Now we needed to sand them... mostly to get the dirt off.... could have cleaned um first....oh well, this worked well enough!
I had some left over priority mail boxes so we cut them up for the backs... later we took them back off to paint, then re-attach.
My sweet husband surprised me with some8 foot 1x12's from home depot to round out my uneven seven boxes to eight and to make me a larger box shelf for my taller curriculum.
And these are the final boxes. NEXT we go to painting and decoupage!! That will be PART 2!