Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Proverbs 26:21 The Contentious Christian

Proverbs 26:21 (New King James Version)
21 As charcoal is to burning coals, and wood to fire,
So is a contentious man to kindle strife.

A wise friend shared this passage with me this evening. In my drive to share my love for Christ and his Word with others, I have fallen flat on my face with this passage to many times. Just when I think that I am past that and have potentially become more mature in my walk, I am shown I have far to go. Even with the best intentions, Christians can cause much more harm then good when trying to push people into there beliefs. When I was first saved, I was red hot on fire for the Lord. I took that fire on vacation with me soon after to visit my extended family. I will be working on the outcome of that trip for years to come. Christ can't be forced, no matter how desperately we want our loved ones or anyone else for that matter to see heaven. Trust in God to save, for only He can. He is working on each one of us at our pace. He is sovereign and loves us more then we ever could imagen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails