Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

An American Flag Quilt

This is something I wanted to share with everyone. This is one of my favorite if not my favorite craft project to date. I made this a couple years ago for my husband for Christmas. A friend had gotten a box of vintage fabric pre-cut rectangles at a estates sale and was VERY generous to share them with me. I decided to use them to create this patchwork flag quilt. I had some scrap blue fabric with stars on it to use for that portion, but wanted to incorporate all the coins my husband was presented with in his years in the military. So, I got some clear thick plastic and made little pouches for them. They kinda became the stars:) I put some thin ..batting I think it's called , in between and then used some white fabric on the back and flipped the edges over for the frame. It's now hanging in our window until I can make a proper frame/box for it. I hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails