Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Art Journal crafting.... :o)

I have wanted to start a prayer type journal for some time. I have seen lots of different ideas for these. This is the version I came up with.
Now just about everyone knows about these composition books. These are on sale at Wal Mart right now for 25 CENTS!!! So , I picked me up a few:)

I started by ripping strips of scrap book paper that appealed to me and gluing them from left to right onto the page leaving a strait edge on the left and right side. Then I trimmed the edges to fit the cover. I then kinda decoupaged over the strips with glue again ( I used 1 part Elmer's glue to 2 parts water ). As this drys it will curl your front page a bit so when it's dry I needed to put something heavy on it for a bit.

I then kinda added a title of sorts with sharpies and some paint pens I had in gold and silver.

On the back I made more strait strips and wove them on the page. I took the top long strips and used double sided tape to glue them in place. Then I took the other strips and just wove them top to bottom till it was full. I used some more double sided tape and some glue to keep that down and also put some more glue on top and trimmed the edges.

Then I took the first lined page and glued it to the inside of the cover. I then took the next page and also glued that to the inside of the cover. I then took the next page and glued it to the nearest page to the right. Then those two glued pages got glued to the next page to the right. That way the pages are three layers thick. This allows for paint and sharpies and whatever might have bled through the single pages. I took a piece of green and blue scrap book paper. Cut it to size with some scrapbook edging scissors and glued it on. Then, used a little chalk colors for interest and started painting. This is the fun part:)



My daughter is also doing her own art book. Here is a pic of her front cover.

This is my 8 year olds work. She is cutting out old birthday cards and gluing them to a page to make her own cute little clutch:) Will post when she finishes:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I' ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails